Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hush Now, My Darling

So ... my challenge effort failed in most epic proportions. However, I have still attempted writing and thus here are the fruits of my labours. I also have a sonnet in the works that I will share hopefully in the near future. This is my attempt at a lullaby.

Hush Now, My Darling

Hush now, my darling, and sleep through the night.
Lay down thy head with the sun's fading light.
Let thy eyes close as the moon starts to rise
And stars twinkle brightly across dark'ning skies.

Dream now, my darling; be bothered by naught.
Worry and fear shall be things long forgot.
Pictures of love and of joy brimming full
Shall come to thee quickly in covers of wool.

Sleep now, my darling, as songs fill thy head,
Melodies soft as thou liest in bed.
God watches o'er thee; his love and joy teems.
You know so does mine. Now good night and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment