Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Let's Try This Again

So ... my initial trial at posting every day failed. However, I am not to be so easily defeated. In the words of a movie: "Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thus am I picking myself up and trying again. I am also going to be amending my earlier challenge with simply posting any kind of writing whether it be haiku, other form of poetry, or short story. Perhaps starting on the first day of the month will help motivate and keep me on track. Only time will tell I suppose.

Subject: Sleep

Closing my eyelids
Like curtains before a play,
Dreams begin their act.

Silent Morpheus,
King of dreams and lord of sleep,
Softly touches me.

I try to begin
"Now I lay me down to sleep"
But it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment