Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's That Time of Year

Happy New Year, extensive internet readers! Well, to those of you who do read and follow this blog anyways. We have bid a tearful adieu to 2014, a wonderful year full of changes, challenges, and surprises, and now welcome the new 2015 with its promise of all-new adventures to come.

Around this time of year, people are in the habit of making so-called "resolutions," things they plan to accomplish at some point during the year and usually quit after March at the latest. For several years, I have chosen to not make any resolutions since I had known myself to be inconsistent in my habits and from remembering previous and numerous failed resolutions. I did try making some more abstract resolutions in recent years but success is difficult to gauge with those. However, I have seen the benefits of having a goal at which to aim even if it is un-achieved during the specified year and remains so for a while.

Therefore, I have decided to make two resolutions to which you, my internet community, will hold me accountable. Well, I'll be somewhat relying on you for one of them but it's the thought that counts, right? So here goes:
1) I will post something once a week during the weekend (Saturday/Sunday) for the year or as long as I can. It can be a story, poem, or simple musing but there should be some sort of writing piece each week. If I really want to write a novel that is anywhere near acceptable, I will need to get in the habit of writing.
2) I will read at least 1 book for pleasure each month. It cannot be something required for a class, even if I enjoy what I am required to read. The monthly book must be something separate that I do with my free time. I used to be an avid reader and I want to get back to that because reading, I think, is a dying art.

So there they are folks, my resolutions for 2015. By the grace of God, I will hopefully be able to be consistent and follow through. Come this weekend, I will have something for you so stay tuned. 2015, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Well, the internet will certainly keep you accountable. ;)

    ReplyDelete