Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Glorious Ruins

OK, I know this may be a bit of a cop out but this is something I wrote back in October but never posted or shared really. The idea of "glorious ruins" was the theme of my church's women's retreat and thus you can guess where I wrote it. I tried to capture the feeling of how something bad can become something good, that what we see as defeat can be the beginning of victory. I'm sorry if it's a bit rough.

Glorious Ruins

The walls now lie broken, battered and worn;
The banners lie lifeless, tattered and torn;
Defeat echoes loudly, tangibly felt.
No hope left within it, courage has melt.

So where is the glory, mighty to save?
So where is protection, voice in the cave?
So why are you silent, me left alone?
So what will I do now, left overthrown?

Come walk through the fire, refining though hot,
Let go of your failure, something for nought.
New life shall be yours now, dry bones alive;
My wings are your cover; love me and thrive.

The walls are now diamond, pressure made good;
The banners fly proudly, tatters withstood;
Now laughter abounds here, victory found;
These glorious ruins no longer bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment